SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Vintage
Ranchero bed access panel cage nuts.
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 7516
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Ranch-Hand
• Williamstown, NJ, USA
• Registered on 10/30/2023
• 1 post
Posted:10/30/2023 17:57
I'm new to this site, but here goes. I have a 1971 Ranchero GT that I'm putting back on the road in daily driver-hot rod style. I'm not trying to restore it or make a show car here, just a reliable driver and cruiser. My problem is the access panel in the bed. The five bolts across the back of the panel are located by cage nuts. The holes in my truck have all been mangled, I think with some work, I can hammer and shrink them back into shape. All of the cage nuts are missing and I have a 1971 Ranchero 500 parts car that all the cage nuts are also missing from. Midwest Auto Parts has several different styles of these type of nuts, but I have no idea what fits the truck properly. I know they are 5/16" thread, but the physical dimensions and cage type are a question. Does anyone know these specifics or a supplier of the nuts? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have fabricated a lot of things myself and changed a lot of stuff for better performance, but there are some factory pieces that I don't want to change, because they have a working form and function that I can see no reason to alter. Thanks, Charlie.
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Vintage
Ranchero bed access panel cage nuts.
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 7516
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog